Position: UX/UI Designer
Location: Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or Remote
Status: Immediate Hire
Hello UX/UI Candidates!
Evolution Company is looking for a cutting edge UX/UI Designer to help us build, manage and iterate web apps for our internal company needs, as well as future Saas products to 3rd parties.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in word press, utilizing page builders, theme templates and java script libraries. The individual will have a passion for current trends in design and usability, and a history of high quality designs for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
- Utilize wordpress, pagebuilders, UI Hirekits and component libraries to prototype, build, manage, and iterate web applications.
- Conceptualize and design user experiences for a wide variety of user stories, improvements, and upgrades.
- Gather and synthesize feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Research and analyze competitors solutions, as well as comparable theme templates and plugins.
- Follow user interface design standards for applications to maintain an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Create usable prototypes in word press utilizing page builders and theme templates.
- Identify inconsistencies and recommend options for improving the visual design or experience of the product.
- Contribute to and refine UI kits, style guides, and UI libraries.
- Degree in UX/UI Design or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI principles and methodologies.
- Proven history of creating high quality graphical and functional designs comparable to industry leaders.
- Significant experience using word press, page builders and theme templates and java script libraries.
- 1+ years experience working as a UX/UI Designer in a product focused environment.
- 1+ years designing and iterating Saas applications.
- A positive attitude and "figure it out" mindset.
- Highly organized and automated, with a career focused mindset.
- Ability to plan, organize and track work for analysis and reporting.
- Ability to quickly produce wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, functional requirements and other assets.
- Willingness to provide multiple design options, and be pushed to look for better ways of accomplishing the goal.
- Strong process for making design decisions that deliver value based on user needs and business objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with development teams is a plus
- Desire to constantly improve everything.
- 30-50+ hours per week
- Mon-Fri + weekends as needed.
- Fixed Weekly Schedule
- Hubstaff Time & Activity Required
- competitive salary or hourly (based on skills & experience)
- performance bonuses bi-annually
- holiday bonus
- medical, dental, vision
- paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- quarterly education allowance
- 3yr contract w/established raises (after 45 trial)
- opportunity for stock options
- new electronics yearly
Evolution Company is located in Kalamazoo, MI, and is a division of Reedy Group, which was established in 2014. The organizations purpose is to .. design, build, manage and iterate cloud applications for internal company activities, with the long term goal of converting all viable web applications into multi-tenant Saas applications.
Our mission .. to help organizations & individuals improve their probability of success through the creation of web apps that provide .. information, organization, automation, communication, alerts and analysis, utilizing cutting edge AI technologies.
Our product strategy .. focus on building "micro apps" for organizational and individual redundancies that offer .. simple UI, highly secure, low cost, extendable and integrate with everything. Most important .. create immediate benefits in time savings and cost for the user with no risk, and as little data input as possible.
- complete application w/questions
- provide followup information as needed
- discuss job overview
- review candidate projects & tools via screen share
- answer candidate questions
- skills tests
- background (identity/employment/criminal)
- trial project (2-4 hours)
- paid project (2-4 weeks)
- employment agreement - w/45 day trial period
- legal docs
- sign policies
- setup google apps acct
- setup weekly plan
- setup systems
- establish weekly goals, tasks, and meetings
- performance reviews @ 30/90/6months/biannual
Thank you for your consideration!